Welcome to the Home Page of My Chaotic Brain. Take some time to explore the site; you just might find something that touches you in an inspirational way.
I’m Karen and I’m here to share a little chaos and a lot of perspective!
It’s often said that chaos is not good and we should always seek less stress and more peace. While I don’t disagree (as you will read), I’m letting you in on a little secret: chaos is not always a bad thing. See already, a fresh perspective! In my house, chaos
- opens the doorway to creativity,
- allows us to become questioners, not merely followers
- can cause us to focus more intently
- throws multiple perspectives in front of us
- demands critical thinking & thinking on our feet
- allows for continual learning and,
- facilitates change
As stated, there are times the chaos needs to be calmed—don’t worry, we’ll cover that too!
Life really is all about perspective.
- Your perception of someone is a reflection of you; their reaction to you is an awareness of themselves.
- “Our beliefs are based on our past experiences. Our perception of the world is based on our beliefs. Most of us are viewing the world and forming our life using the lens of the past. When our memories do not empower us, they limit us — and this is projected into our reality.” ~ Vex King
- Your perception creates your reality
So, if you want to change your reality, you have to be willing to view it through multiple lenses and perspectives. We can’t ramble on with tunnel vision and expect to live the best life destined for us. Along with fresh perspective comes engaging communication and open-mindedness. You can’t have one without the others. Here’s where I can help.
I don’t claim one specific niche; instead I choose to cover a combination of topics in order to provide you with different points of view, perhaps ones you’ve never before considered, in order to live your most fulfilling life. Topics include, but aren’t limited to:
- health (mind, body, heart & soul)
- lifestyle (seeking adventures & joys in daily living),
- a little hope and faith, and
- the importance of engaging, intimate communication
That said, at the core of each post, you will always find fresh Perspective, Communication, Vulnerability and Authenticity.
While I do not have professional medical or counseling training, I have many life experiences of my own upon which to draw. Over the decades, I have been in contact with many close-minded, “their way is the only way”, cold-hearted people practicing very toxic behaviors. I’ve created my own negative chaos and impacted myself, family and relationships. Perhaps you have gone through these things also. In working together, we can be inspired, experience growth and refuse to allow any negative energy to permeate our souls.
Additionally, I also have amazing friends who have traveled the same worn path and have overcome the accompanying adversities. With their permission, I can share ways to shift our perspective and surround ourselves with light, positive energy, hope and love.
Click on the “Perspective” page for different views on how we can tackle situations and life events. If we keep walking on the same old path, with the same tired ideas and mindset—life can get boring, mediocre and we can sure miss out on a lot of good things around us!
Check out the Communication Category for Conversation Starters, tips and the importance of face-to-face interactions.
In the Collections Category, you’ll find:
- Stand Up and Be Seen—find some motivation in the stories of fellow readers/bloggers. There are times silence is golden, but other times call for us to stand up, stand firm, and facilitate change.
- Gratitude 365 provides snippets of thankful moments, and,
- Free Verse houses random poetry
We have so much to learn about ourselves and each other. When we practice being completely open-minded, we can willingly admit that our ways or ideas aren’t always right or best. If we let ourselves be more vulnerable, we naturally open up to new ideas. Sharing life lessons with each other is how we grow. Let’s inspire others by owning and sharing our stories (the good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly)! What’s that saying? Ah, yes: Aspire to inspire before we expire!
So, with open ears, eyes, minds and souls, come walk with me on a new path. Let’s take the one that we have been too afraid to choose. We just need a fresh perspective and a little faith to rid ourselves of the fear of the unknown. As a result, we will find that making small changes in ourselves can have a great impact on the world. I hope it’s a place that feels as comfortable as home!
So glad you’ve decided to join and explore with me!